|The Foods of England | Cookbooks | Diary | Index | Magic Menu ||
Food Map of England
- Lost Foods
- Classic Meals
- Curry Dishes
- Egg Dishes
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Game & Offal
- Meat & Meat Dishes
- Pastries and Pies
- Pot Meals
- Preserves & Jams
- Puddings & Sweets
- Sweets and Toffee
Brandy Snap Baskets
Individual basket shapes formed from Brandy Snap batter. Often filled with fruit and cream.
Brandy Snap Basket
Original Receipt from www.dovesfarm.co.uk
Brandy Snap Baskets
Brandy Snap Baskets are a fun-to-make, impressive looking dessert. Fill the finished product with a scoop of icecream or whipped cream and fresh fruit.
100 g Plain White Flour
1 tsp Ground ginger or Mixed spice
100 g Butter
100 g Sugar
2 tbsps Golden Syrup
1 tsp Brandy or Lemon Juice
1 Fresh fruit to serve
125 ml Double cream (whipped, to serve)
1 Baking Parchment
1. Mix together the flour and ginger or spice.
2. Put the butter, sugar and syrup into a saucepan.
3. Stir over gentle heat until the sugar dissolves.
4. Remove from the heat as soon as it starts to boil and stir in the brandy or lemon juice.
5. Stir in the flour mixture and leave to cool for 5/10 minutes.
6. Measure and cut baking paper to fit a large flat oven tray.
7. Cut the paper into 4 or 6 squarish pieces and replace on the tray.
8. Put 4 or 6 turned ramekin dishes or mugs on another tray.
9. Place a good teaspoon of the paste in the middle of each paper square.
10. Bake in a pre heated oven for 8 minutes.
11. Remove from the oven and cool for a just a couple of minutes.
12. Lift up warm paper squares, one at a time, turning them gently over onto the ramekins or mugs.
13. Gently press the soft warm brandy snap around the ramekin or mug as you remove the paper.
14. Allow to cool completely before lifting the brandy snap basket off the ramekin or mug.
15. To serve the brandy baskets spoon some whipped cream or icecream into each one, add top with a few seasonal berries and serve immediately.
Sitemap - This page updated 02/10/2016 - Copyright © Glyn Hughes 2016