|The Foods of England | Cookbooks | Diary | Index | Magic Menu ||
Food Map of England
- Lost Foods
- Classic Meals
- Curry Dishes
- Egg Dishes
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Game & Offal
- Meat & Meat Dishes
- Pastries and Pies
- Pot Meals
- Preserves & Jams
- Puddings & Sweets
- Sweets and Toffee
Sago, tapioca or rice flour boiled with milk, egg white folded in and chilled to set. Served with two sauces: coconut-flavoured white sauce and brown sugar melted in water.
The original source of this receipt isn't known. Can you help? email@example.com
1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
1/2 pint fresh milk
21 fl oz water
4 oz sago or tapioca
1 egg white, whisked
1 level tablespoon cornflour
2 oz brown sugar
1. Soak the coconut in ½ pint milk.
2. Gently simmer, the remaining milk and the water and the sago for 45 minutes until thick and creamy. Fold in the egg white. Pour into 4 ramekin dishes. Chill.
3. Blend coconut milk with cornflour and heat stirring until sauce thickens, boils and is smooth.
4. Melt the brown sugar and remaining water in a heavy based saucepan.
5. Turn the cold sago out of the mould and serve with coconut sauce and melted brown sugar.
Sitemap - This page updated 02/10/2016 - Copyright © Glyn Hughes 2016