|The Foods of England | Cookbooks | Diary | Index | Magic Menu | About ... ||
Food Map of England
- Lost Foods
- Classic Meals
- Curry Dishes
- Egg Dishes
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Game & Offal
- Meat & Meat Dishes
- Pastries and Pies
- Pot Meals
- Preserves & Jams
- Puddings & Sweets
- Sweets and Toffee
Tweet Bacon Rolly-Polly Pudding
Roly-Poly of shredded bacon, onion, and sage rolled inside suet pastry and steamed.
The original source of this receipt isn't known. Can you help? firstname.lastname@example.org
Berkshire Bacon Roly Poly Pudding
450g/1 lb Plain Flour
Water to bind
175g/6oz Fat Bacon, chopped
A few sage leaves
2 chopped Onions
Salt and Black Pepper
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour and suet . Add enough cold water to form a stiff dough.
2. Turn the dough onto a floured surface and roll out to an oblong 6mm/1/4 inch thickness.
3. In another bowl, mix together the bacon, onions, sage, salt and pepper.
4. Place the bacon mixture on the pastry leaving a border of about 5cm/2inches on all sides then roll the suet pastry up to enclose the bacon. Seal the dough by squeezing at both ends then wrap the pudding in a dampened, floured muslin cloth.
5. Boil for about 2 hours, topping up with extra water as necessary. Serve hot with vegetables.
And there you have it! Berkshire bacon roly poly pudding!
Bacon Pudding - Berkshire
Bacon Pudding - Hampshire
Buckingham Bacon Badger
Sitemap - This page updated 20/01/2018 - Copyright © Glyn Hughes 2018