Bacon Rolly-Polly Pudding
Roly-Poly of shredded bacon, onion, and sage rolled inside suet pastry and steamed.
The original source of this receipt isn't known. Can you help? firstname.lastname@example.org
Berkshire Bacon Roly Poly Pudding
450g/1 lb Plain Flour
Water to bind
175g/6oz Fat Bacon, chopped
A few sage leaves
2 chopped Onions
Salt and Black Pepper
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour and suet . Add enough cold water to form a stiff dough.
2. Turn the dough onto a floured surface and roll out to an oblong 6mm/1/4 inch thickness.
3. In another bowl, mix together the bacon, onions, sage, salt and pepper.
4. Place the bacon mixture on the pastry leaving a border of about 5cm/2inches on all sides then roll the suet pastry up to enclose the bacon. Seal the dough by squeezing at both ends then wrap the pudding in a dampened, floured muslin cloth.
5. Boil for about 2 hours, topping up with extra water as necessary. Serve hot with vegetables.
And there you have it! Berkshire bacon roly poly pudding!
Bacon Pudding - Berkshire
Bacon Pudding - Hampshire
Buckingham Bacon Badger
MORE FROM Foods of England...|
Cookbooks ● Diary ● Index ● Magic Menu ● Random ● Really English? ● Timeline ● English Service ● Food Map of England ● Lost Foods ● Accompaniments ● Biscuits ● Breads ● Cakes and Scones ● Cheeses ● Classic Meals ● Curry Dishes ● Dairy ● Drinks ● Egg Dishes ● Fish ● Fruit ● Fruits & Vegetables ● Game & Offal ● Meat & Meat Dishes ● Pastries and Pies ● Pot Meals ● Poultry ● Preserves & Jams ● Puddings & Sweets ● Sauces and Spicery ● Sausages ● Scones ● Soups ● Sweets and Toffee ● About ... ●
COPYRIGHT and ALL RIGHTS RESERVED: © Glyn Hughes, Sunday 02 September 2018
BUILT WITH WHIMBERRY